Please note that due to Covid-19 restrictions on the Parliamentary Estate, we are currently unable to accommodate any work experience placements in the Westminster office.
I offer work experience opportunities to students from the constituency who are aged 16 and over. The placement gives young people an insight in to local politics and a chance to boost their skills. Students will be able to help with a number of tasks:
- Casework, depending on the age and ability of the student
- Researching an issue
- Taking press-cuttings
- Writing press releases
- Accompanying the MP to a meeting or event in the House or in the Constituency
- Assisting with office duties
- Answering queries from constituents, either by phone or by email
Who does Aaron offer placements to?
- They must be a constituent.
- They must be in at least 16 years old.
- Placements should be no longer than 3 days.
- Placements should preferably be in London*. Candidates will get much more out of their time in London by attending debates, meetings and a tour of Parliament.
- Candidates should demonstrate some interest in politics.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about work experience, including a copy of your CV and your preferred dates.
Please be aware that due to the constraints of space, I am unable to host more than one person at a time, and do not have the capacity to offer any work experience over the Christmas holidays. I am also unable to host work experience placements in the London office over the summer holidays. This is because Parliament does not sit over the summer, and therefore MPs spend this time in their constituencies. There would be no normal Parliamentary business to observe, or debates to watch and limited opportunities for interesting work.